From the Statement of Purpose:
The GNU PDF Library provides functions to read and write PDF documents conforming to the PDF 1.7 specification. This includes visualization (retrieving of bitmaps with rasterized page contents) and interactive features such as annotations and interactive forms. The library also support the generation of specific subsets of PDF conforming to the ISO standards PDF/A, PDF/X and ISO 32000.
If you are interested in the current status of the development you can take a look to the Roadmap. If you are a programmer please consider to collaborate in the development. We are also looking for monetary resources that would allow us to hire developers and thus be able to complete the requirements of the project as soon as possible.
- Information for Newcomers
- Useful information for newcomers wanting to join the development.
- The Project Plan (TM)
- The project plan and development procedures.
- This document contains a description of the Project Plan and the current status of the development of the library.
- Pages containing the detailed design of the several parts of the library (layers, modules, etc).
- Sources Guide
- A guide on the structure of the library sources.
- Tasks Management
- This document contain information about the tasks management we use in the development of the GNU PDF Library, a description of the tasks pool and a description of the tasks workflow.
- Flyspray Tasks
- We use the flyspray tasks management software to manage the tasks of the GNU PDF Library development.
- Cyclomatic Complexity Report
- Automatic report containing a list of all the functions implemented so far in the library and its McCabe number, a direct metric that tells about the cyclomatic complexity of the code module. Updated daily.
- API Consistency Report
- Automatic report containing the relation of documented functions and the relation of implemented functions. Ideally all documented functions should be implemented. Updated daily.
- Unit Testing Report
- Automatic report with the results of running the unit tests for the library. Updated daily.
- Code Coverage Report
- Automatic report with detailed information about the code coverage of the library after running the library tests. Updated daily.
- Code Static Analysis
- Automatic report generated with the Clang Static Analyzer on the GNU PDF Library code base. Updated daily.
- GNU PDF Library Reference Manual
- The GNU PDF Library Reference Manual contain a detailed description of all the public data types, constants, variables and functions defined in the library. It is automatically generated in a daily period.
- GNU PDF Utilities Manual
- We distribute some useful command-line utilities along with the library. This manual contain the user guide for those utilities. It is automatically generated in a daily period.
- GNU PDF Hackers Guide
- This document contains coding guidelines for everyone who wants to contribute to the project.
- Torture Chamber
- Description of the testing strategy implemented in the GNU PDF Library and instructions on how to write new test cases and test suites.
- GNU PDF Library Test Specification Document
- The GNU PDF Library Test Specification Document contain a detailed description of all the tests implemented in the Torture Chamber of the library. It is automatically generated in a daily period.